by: Jerry Olthoff
Ever wonder why one person succeeds and another fails in MLM? Or why someone has massive success in a company, then leaves, goes someplace else, and never, ever again duplicates that success? Or why some people spend 5, 10, even 20 years in network marketing with NO success…
Yet they never quit!
Or how an industry that does so many things so wrong can still be so popular …
This Tool Can Change Your Life
On December 12, 2004, our team released the ebook “Success In 10 Steps”, the story of what we have learned from 26 years in MLM.
The feedback has been astonishing.
People say, “I could have written that book!
That was my story.
Why did you steal my story? How could you know exactly what I went through?”
Back in 1991, my mentor was making full-time income from MLM.
He retired from that company and actually joined over 100 network marketing companies in the next few years, to figure out how this industry really works: the good, the bad, the ugly.
Here’s what he did:
1. Got on dozens of company conference calls
2. Organized & categorized companies, products, compensation plans, distributor kits, & marketing materials to compare each company with all the others
3. Studied their business models, to understand what kind of behavior certain business models drove
4. Studied how different “upline gurus” trained (or did not train) their people
This process answered all the mysteries. It also revealed some valuable, valuable secrets about network marketing.
The hard-driving, closing salesperson is about 8% of the population. And those 8% have convinced the other 92% that the 8% are right and the 92% are wrong.
How did they do that?
Because that is what THEY do. It works for them, so they have total confidence they are right, and when you feel their confidence, you KNOW they must be right, so you do what they tell you.
92% of the world’s population is sales-resistant.
They do not like to be sold, and they do not want to become that pushy, aggressive salesperson nobody likes. Yet when they join MLM, some upline leader tells them,
“Make a list of your friends and family. Call them up. Get ’em into the business. You need to hear 100 ‘No’s for every ‘Yes’.
It still only works for the 8%.
If you let them mesmerize you, you can wander aimlessly in the “failure” desert for years…
The Choice Is Yours
You can’t become something you hate in order to be successful. This model works for the 8% who are real salespeople.
It’s a disaster for the rest of us…
A very bad business model.
Every person on the planet has to be educated in the skills of what they’re doing.
Whether you’re a doctor, carpenter, plumber, ditch digger … whatever you are… You’ve got to be taught the skills of that business.
And what “Success In 10 Steps” does for people is, it gets them to realize,
It’s not your fault! The people teaching you didn’t know any better.
They weren’t bad people. They weren’t lying to you intentionally. They just didn’t know any other way to do the business.
Do you think you can wake up one morning and say, “I’m going to be a doctor!”
And you go down and join a company, get a distributor kit for 50 bucks, and you’re a doctor?
Of course not. That’s ludicrous.
How about a carpenter?
No way. You have to learn pitches and square and level and plumb.
You have to be taught the skills. Yet people get in network marketing, and they’re told,
“Call your friends & family.” It’s the biggest fallacy in the industry.
Network marketing is not a sales business.
It’s a teaching & mentoring business.
When you build people, people will build your business. Those upline guru leaders will tell you,
“Well, you didn’t make enough phone calls. You’re a loser. If it’s to be, it’s up to me.” Have you heard all that stuff?
I bet you believed it, too, haven’t you?
Why This Ebook Is Such a Hot Tool For Building Your Business
So the ebook really opens people’s eyes to the fact that they’ve been lied to. You must do your business with people who WANT to be in business with you. You have to sell product to people who LOVE the product and want to buy it. That only comes through target marketing.
We learned early-on about targeted marketing.
Only talk to people who have raised their hand and want what you have.
Well, guess what? EVERY person who downloads “Success In 10 Steps” is trying to figure out why MLM is not working for them. When you call them up, they could be in a company already. They could be working the business a year or 2 or 5, 7, 10 years. But why would they download that ebook?
They’re divulging some critical information. The business is not working for them.
They want to figure out what the problem is. And they’re looking to you for help. THAT is the basis of a long-term relationship, and THAT is the effect you can create with “Success In 10 Steps.”